Pages

December 27, 2010

IP Man

Today morning, when I woke up from my sleep (at 7.30am. actually this is my 2nd round for sleep time. because I already woke up at 3.30am for Sahur. ehehe) my Brother already watching TV with the channel : RCTI, then I join in. My Brother watching Nobita and the Fantastic Three Musketeers (even this movie has been played repeatedly, My brother and I never feel bored) this movie is nice I thought. kikikik

Not long afterwards, my Brother changed the channel became Celestial Movies..
then, maybe the fortune come to my brother and he said "Let's watch this movie. It's nice movie."
I just said "Hmmm...~"
And the movie which my brother and I watched is IP Man !


Synopsis :
Ip Man is set in the 1930’s in Foshan, a hub of southern Chinese martial arts, where various schools actively recruit disciples and compete against each other. Although the Wing Chun master Ip Man is the most skilled martial artist in Foshan, he is unassuming and keeps a low profile. As an independently wealthy man, he feels no need to accept any disciples and instead spends his days training, meeting with friends, and spending time with his family. However, his wife is often resentful of the time he spends training and discussing martial arts with friends and colleagues. Ip's reputation is further enhanced when he defeats an aggressive, rude, highly skilled Northern master, Jin Shanzhao, thus upholding the regional pride of fellow Southern stylists and others in Foshan.

The Japanese invasion in 1937 adversely affects the life of everyone in Foshan. Ip's house is claimed by the Japanese and used as their Foshan headquarters. Ip and his family lose their wealth and are forced to move into a decrepit house. Desperate to support his family, Ip accepts work as a coolie at a coal mine. The Japanese general Miura, who is a master of karate, establishes an arena where Chinese martial artists compete with his military trainees. The Chinese earn a bag of rice for every Japanese opponent they defeat. When one of his friends goes missing, Ip investigates and discovers the matches.

Cast :
  • Donnie Yen as Ip man
  • Simon Yam as Chow Ching-chuen
  • Fan Siu-wong as Jin Shanzhao
  • Lynn Hung as Cheung Wing-sing
  • Lam Ka-tung as Li
  • Hiroyuki Ikeuchi as Miura
  • Shibuya Tenma as Sato
  • Chen Zhihui as Master Liu
  • Li Chak as Ip Chun
  • Xing Yu as 'Crazy' Lam
  • Wong You-nam as Sha Dan Yuan
  • Calvin Cheng as Chow Kwong-yiu
  • To Yu-hang as Hu Wei

Try to watch it at home
Sincerely, 
Uta

No comments:

Post a Comment